Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Playlist: Volume Eight - The Ocho

Friday Playlist: Volume 8 - The Ocho

I'm trying to figure out if I want to write something about each song below or just sort of hit on the highlights up here.  I'm starting to become obsessed with Alex Vargas and his live performances are fucking brilliant.  I'm hoping the Dane can do a small venue tour of the US soon.  Daughter, who I listen to constantly just dropped a new album so that's what I'll be listening to this weekend.  She's bloody amazing.  I threw in a new Birdy song 'cause I dig her voice and the theme from the British show Detectorists by Johnny Flynn that has its first season on Netflix.  It's a simple half hour comedy/drama that is pretty entertaining, starring Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook. 



Smoothie's BONUS Playlist:

 Cheat Codes - "Say Goodbye"

 Zara Larsson & MNEK - "Never Forget You"

 Rationale - "Something For Nothing"

 Banners - "Gold Dust"

 LVNDSCAPE & Hollands Park feat. Nico Santos - "Waterfalls"

 Felix Snow x Conrad Sewell - "Running Out Of You"

 Birdy - "Keeping Your Head Up"

 Daughter "Doing The Right Thing"

 Alex Vargas - "Solid Ground"

 Johnny Flynn - "Detectorists"