Saturday, July 18, 2015

New Trailer for The Revenant Has All the Goods


Ummm, I'm not sure how many times I can watch this, but I'm sure as hell going to find out.


The new trailer for The Revenant, directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu and starring Leo and Tom Hardy just came out yesterday...and let me tell you...it looks fucking fantastic.  I'm just going to list all the things I love about it.
  • First, Leo, obviously.
  • Inarritu's filming looks incredible and puts you right in the middle action and the cinematography of Emmauel Lubzeki (my favorite cinematographer for those of you scoring at home) looks amazing as usual.  How awesome is it that they do all their movies together?  It doesn't seem fair.
  • Tom Hardy.  I didn't even recognize him in the trailer.
  • The beards, all the beards.
  • It looks like it has all those crazy tracking shots (this time with stunts and action sequences) that Birdman had.
  • My man Domhnall Gleeson getting some run in this too.  I like him more and more each time I see him. 
  • The music that they are using with Leo's heavy breathing is cool as fuck.