Tuesday, June 2, 2015

New Music: James Bay

New Music: James Bay


If you don't know about James Bay yet, don't worry, you will soon.  I've started listening to him and I already can't get enough.  There's a chance that you may have heard his new song "Hold Back The River" as it just started to get some radio airplay, but for my money, the album version is much better than the radio version.

"Hold Back The River"



It reminds me of when every radio station praised Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know" for sounded so unique and different than anything on the radio, and then immediately changing the song and giving it more bass so that it sounded exactly like everything else on the radio.

Bay is a 24 year old singer-songwriter from England who just received the Critic's Choice BritAward for 2015.

I'd suggest checking out the entire album, Chaos and the Calm, but if you just want my personal favorites than check out these two.

"Let It Go"



"Need The Sun To Break"