Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Fantastic Four Teaser Trailer Released



I'll be honest, I didn't like the first Fantastic Four movie and I didn't even see the Silver Surfer one, but I'm actually kind of psyched to see this new reboot.  I'm usually not for reboots so soon after the last version of the movie came out, especially if the original was really good (i.e. Spiderman), but since I thought the first version of the Fantastic Four was a pile of junk, I'll accept this one being made so soon after.

They've certainly upgraded the cast to include Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, and Jamie Bell...you know, people who can actually act.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Chris Evans now, but at the time the movie came out, I could've taken or left him really.  Granted, he was the only decent part of the first one, but I'll still take this new crop of young actors at the drop of hat.

The only one I'm a little worried about is Jamie Bell.  I had so much hope for his potential after Billy Elliot but he seems to keep popping up in crap movies.  The David Gordon Green movie Undertow in 2004 was actually surprisingly really good (back when he used to write really good movies and not direct shit like The Sitter and Your Highness...and I'm being nice by saying shit) but he kind of fell of a cliff after that.

It looks like he might be back on the right track after his storyline basically ruined Man on a Ledge.  Who am I kidding, nothing could have saved that movie, but he's recently come out with some good flicks with Snowpiercer (bad ass, speaking of the new Chris Evans), Filth (with James McAvoy and from the creator of Trainspotting), and Nymphomaniac Vol. II (from the crazy yet always interesting Lars von Trier).  So I'm really hoping he can win me back as a fan because I'm still a huge fan of Billy Elliot.

I tend to prefer origin stories for my superhero movies, so I think I'll like this one just fine.