Friday, September 12, 2014

The Lone Bellow are Back at the Wolf Den Tonight at Mohegan Sun


The Lone Bellow is going to be back at the Wolf Den tonight at Mohegan Sun, and I for one, couldn't be more excited.  I first caught them at the Newport Folk Festival in 2013 and although they were the first act I caught while I was there, they blew me the fuck away.  Just an amazing live band that blends three voices together that can be both intimate and yet powerful.

The Brooklyn-based band is comprised of lead singer Zach Williams, Brian Elmquist, and Kanene Donehey.  All three of them have superb vocal ability that goes down even smoother when mixed together.  Williams' voice is especially complex with strength and vunerability, crooning at times and breaking ever so slightly (in a great way) at just the right moment.

If you haven't familiarized yourself with these guys (and gal) yet, I couldn't recommend them higher.

A couple of songs to get yourself going:



Here is their performance from the Newport Folk Festival on their phenomenal song, "Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold"



Here's a couple of my pics from the last time they came through Connecticut.





And a couple from when I saw them in Newport.