Friday, August 8, 2014

Movie Trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road with Tom Hardy, Finally a Re-Boot I Can Get Behind


Finally, a re-boot of a franchise that I'm actually pretty pumped about.  This movie looks like it's going to be a high octane, two hour, intense car chase...and it couldn't look any fucking cooler.  Just some quick hits on Mad Max: Fury Road after you watch the trailer...


  • The movie doesn't come out until May 15th next year, so hopefully the trailer is enough to hold you over for a long time.
  • I did NOT even recognize Charlize Theron.  Not only does she have a shaved head, but she has black hair.
  • There was basically no talking in the entire trailer, and I just realized that right now.  I didn't even care when watching.
  • I love Tom Hardy.
  • Taking a look at the cast from the movie, their character names are absolutely ridiculous:
Splendid
Toast
Nux
Capable
Slit
Fragile
Organic Mechanic
And the best for last...Rictus Erectus
  • That mask Tom Hardy is wearing looks like an prehistoric version of Bane's mask

VS.

  • By the time this movie hits the theater it will have been 30 years since the last Mad Max movie (Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome) came out in 1985.  Shit, now I feel old.
  • Did I already say how much I love Tom Hardy?  Good, 'cause I'm psyched for this to come out already.