College: Boston College Eagles
I figured that I should get to the draft profiles for the other 4 picks the Giants had on the last day of the 2014 NFL Draft, just in case they decide to cut any of the players before I have a chance to write about them. All seven of New York's draft picks have been signed, but that doesn't mean anything in the NFL when then can just cut you loose at any time.
With their 4th round pick, the New York Giants actually selected somebody I knew, Andre Williams from BC. So that was nice of them. Now, I don't really like anything that comes from the Superfandom of BC, but it might mean that we can actually get rid of something else that I despise more...Peyton Hillis.
Here's some quick hits on Andre, who will probably get some reps this year, considering that at least one Giants running back is apparently under contract to get hurt each year.
- He was a Heisman finalist last year and a unanimous All-American.
- Won the Doak Walker Award for College Football's best running back.
- Led the Nation in rushing last year, ending up with 2,177 yards and ranking fifth on the list all-time single-season rushing list.
- He was the 16th player to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a single collegiate season.
- He's from a town called Schnecksville, Pennsylvania. Schnecksville. Maybe that why he doesn't have a neck...'cause he's from Schnecksville. That's yo neck!
- You can check him out on twitter at @drewill44. Here's his reaction to getting drafted by the G-Men:
- I think he looks good in a Giants uniform. Looks like he's rocking Ahmad Bradshaw's old #44.
- Some highlights for your viewing enjoyment.
The Giants are always looking for more depth at running back and Williams definitely gives them some more dimension as a power running back then the shifty and explosive David Wilson or the all-around Rashard Jennings.