It looks like Odell Beckham, Jr. is already a superstar. It takes a certain kind of personality to thrive in New York and I have 0% doubt that Beckham has it. Shit, he's already engaged to a Puerto Rican model, so that's not a bad start.
He was at the post-draft party with Johnny Football and Drake. Now, I'm not the hugest fan of Drake as a sports fan since he just seems all over the place and is probably the biggest fair-weather bandwagon fan there is today.
But I like his music and there's no doubt that he only hangs with the best of the best.
The rest of the list of people at this banging party:
- Mike Evans, Manziel's favorite target from Texas A&M who went 7th to the Bucs.
- Busta Rhymes, so he now has both the 2000's and 1990's covered for rap artists.
- Kyrie Irving, who can teach Manziel all about how Cleveland sucks as a city.
- Meek Mill, so you have that up-and-coming buzz around you and for some street cred now that Busta is in movies and because Drake is softer than melting butter.
And I know what you may be thinking, Odell was just invited because of their SEC ties. Well, let's check out who else was drafted in the first round from the SEC and who didn't end up drinking with the high rollers until 5 in the morning.
- Greg Robinson from Auburn
- C.J. Mosley from Bama
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix from Bama
- Dee Ford from Auburn
- Dominique Easley from Florida
- Jake Matthews, from freaking Texas A&M
So I guess Beckham just has that star power that you just can't teach. If it helps, think the exact opposite of Prince Amukamara's personality.
Welcome to New York Odell, now let's get to work.