Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Charlie Day Gives Merrimack College Commencement Speech



This is what I want out of my Commencement Speeches.  Who wants to hear some politician you've never heard of ramble on for an hour when you're hungover as shit?  I want someone who is entertaining and realistic about what you're going to actually be able to do right out of college.

John O'Hurley made my Commencement Speech at Providence College and it was great.  Short, sweet, funny, with a dash of inspiration.  Perfect job by Jay Peterman.  It's too bad that YouTube wasn't in full swing back then so I could re-watch it but I guess that makes me old, so, whatever.

Now, I don't want to go into all the topics about graduate debt, unemployment, and the problems with the cost of college vs. actually getting a job, so just enjoy this entertaining speech from Charlie Day...a man who makes his money by eating fake cat food.

My three favorite things that Charlie has given us through It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

1. Kitten Mittens


2. The Butt Dance


3. Dayman


Now, I know that Green-Man is awesome but so many people at sporting events try to rip that off that it's lost a little bit its luster...but at the time when it first came out, it was fucking awesome.