Here's a couple reasons why he's so awesome, just in case you were wondering.
1. He's one of the only special teams guys who actually gets to be friends with the good players (i.e. Tuck, Eli, Rolle, Jacobs, etc.).
I love how he tweets out pictures of Eli's hair on the way to games too. Gotta check in on those locks.
Side Note: He even received the key to the City of Newark from Mayor Quintana for his efforts with the Community Outreach programs there.
3. He's in Fitness Mags. He reminds me a lot Gabe Kapler when he was with the Sox. A guy who is in sick enough shape to be in fitness magazines and who is also a great chemistry guy who seems to be able to get along with everyone.
Vs. Gabe Kapler
4. He interacts with his fans and has a great sense of humor about it.
5. He dresses well.
|Ok, I might be hitting my threshold for shirtless pics now.|
6. He has one of my top 5 gif's of all-time after my boy Larry Tynes hit the game winning field goal against the Niners to send the Giants to the Super Bowl. Can you read his lips? 'Cause I sure can. I'm pretty sure I said the same exact thing when the ball went through the uprights.
7. He might become the first NFL broadcaster who was a punter or kicker. He was already selected as one of a handful of players this past year to go through a training course on it, so he looks like he's putting in the time and laying the groundwork for life after football.
He ain't wrong.
9. His wife Laura is a little bit of a smoke...good for you bud.
and 10. He loves to play for the New York Giants. That's really all it takes for me to like you anyway, but Weatherford's just kicking ass in all phases of his life these days. I don't think I've ever seen other fans wearing the jersey of their team's punter but I've seen tons of #5 jerseys around MetLife. That tells you that I'm not the only one who thinks he's an awesome dude.