Friday, January 10, 2014

Steve Weatherford Is THE Giant To Follow On Social Media

Here is his latest awesome sauce video from Instagram.  Of course, the one time I want to post a video or picture from Instagram, it keeps not showing up.  Oh well, just click on the link if you want to see him fist pumping with his kiddos.  His littlest will have you "awwwwing" in no time.

Steve Weatherford is by far the best New York Giant to follow on social media (Twitter/Instagram) and is sneaky going to turn being such an awesome guy into an analyst role on some TV station in the future.  Has there ever been a punter or kicker who is an analyst before?  There probably was but I have no idea who it would be (#puntersarepeopletoo).

Here's a couple reasons why he's so awesome, just in case you were wondering.

1. He's one of the only special teams guys who actually gets to be friends with the good players (i.e. Tuck, Eli, Rolle, Jacobs, etc.).



I love how he tweets out pictures of Eli's hair on the way to games too.  Gotta check in on those locks.




2. He does tons of charity work.  So there's that.



Side Note: He even received the key to the City of Newark from Mayor Quintana for his efforts with the Community Outreach programs there.

3.  He's in Fitness Mags.  He reminds me a lot Gabe Kapler when he was with the Sox.  A guy who is in sick enough shape to be in fitness magazines and who is also a great chemistry guy who seems to be able to get along with everyone.






Vs. Gabe Kapler



4. He interacts with his fans and has a great sense of humor about it.







5. He dresses well.



Ok, I might be hitting my threshold for shirtless pics now.

6. He has one of my top 5 gif's of all-time after my boy Larry Tynes hit the game winning field goal against the Niners to send the Giants to the Super Bowl.  Can you read his lips?  'Cause I sure can.  I'm pretty sure I said the same exact thing when the ball went through the uprights.


7. He might become the first NFL broadcaster who was a punter or kicker.  He was already selected as one of a handful of players this past year to go through a training course on it, so he looks like he's putting in the time and laying the groundwork for life after football.




8. This.


He ain't wrong.

9. His wife Laura is a little bit of a smoke...good for you bud.



and 10. He loves to play for the New York Giants.  That's really all it takes for me to like you anyway, but Weatherford's just kicking ass in all phases of his life these days.  I don't think I've ever seen other fans wearing the jersey of their team's punter but I've seen tons of #5 jerseys around MetLife.  That tells you that I'm not the only one who thinks he's an awesome dude.