Friday, January 17, 2014

New Music: Foster The People - "Coming of Age"

Foster The People
"Coming Of Age"




Finally, Foster The People have come out with a new track since their debut album, Torches, came out in 2011.  The anticipation on their follow up album probably can't be higher than it is now after a three year layoff and how huge "Pumped Up Kicks" was in the summer of 2011.  

Marking the first song of 2014 that I've posted, "Coming of Age" is a really good tune.  I have to give it a couple more listens to decide if I just like or if I really like it, but that's usually the case with the first time hearing a song.  

The video is pretty cool, having a time-lapse of the painting of a mural on the side of a building, but I'm not gonna lie, I can't really even tell what it is at the end.  Is it just me or is it really had to decipher between the different shapes and colors?  Can't just be me, right?