Monday, December 23, 2013

Music: The Last Bison - "Switzerland"

The Last Bison
"Switzerland"



I think if you look up folk music in the dictionary, you'll see this picture of the The Last Bison.  A plethora of band members with both genders represented, beards, bow ties, a black and white photo, a wooden cabin, and just a general old-timey Civil War era look to it.  These guys were at this past Newport Folk Festival but I didn't get a chance to catch them as they ended up being slated on the Friday show, which has now grown into basically a third full day of music.  I might have to start going to Friday/Sat/Sunday going forward if they're going to take bands like this one, OCMS, and Feist on Fridays.

Anywho, I love this song and as far as I'm concerned, this is exactly how I want my folk to both look and sound like...so keep it up.  Once again, The Last Bison, this time live if you like that sort of thing better (I do).