Friday, August 2, 2013

Two Civil Wars Songs From This Year As You Wait For Their Next Album


I've been listening to "The One That Got Away" a lot recently, so I thought I'd throw it out there in case there's some people that didn't know that The Civil Wars are still putting out some tunes before they come out with their next album.  I would love to see them live since their Unplugged is so perfect...since they basically play "unplugged" all the time anyways, I guess it's not that hard to translate for the show.

Here's the other song, "From This Valley."  I like the first song better but that's not to say that I don't like both of them.



They look so freaking good live.  The new album comes out next week (Aug. 6th) but you can stream it free now right here on iTunes.  Apparently, last year they cancelled their UK tour on only the second date of it citing, "internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition."  And although they were able to put some stuff aside to finish their new album in the studios, they haven't spoken in 9 months and are still at odds with each other, although the reasons seem to be kind of fuzzy as to why.  You can read about it here if you'd like or you can just cross your fingers that they end up letting bygones be bygones and take some pit stops up in the northeast on their next tour.

I don't want to say it's cause they banged or anything...but what the hell else could it be?  Artistic shit?  Maybe, but they were right on the cusp of taking their band to the next level, so I figure they would be able to put that shit aside.  At least I can still listen to their old stuff...