Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Robin Thicke, Jimmy Fallon, & The Roots Sing "Blurred Lines" with Classroom Instruments


It's the exact same concept as when Jimmy Fallon did this with Carly Rae Jepson, I love it then and I love it now.  It's always a good move to have a good time and show a less serious side on talk shows like this.  Jimmy seems to have a way of putting his guests at ease and this along is a good example of that and when they play games (War with a glass of water in the face of the loser, Beruit, Real Egg/Fake Egg) is always a fun watch too.

I think the reason I like it even more is because they're all squished into this tiny space playing the song.  Small instruments, small space, big results.

P.S. How am I not sick of "Blurred Lines" yet?  Is it because I don't listen to that much pop radio or something?  It's nice to see Robin Thicke have a song that's actually on the radio b/c if you would have asked me to name a single song of his before this, there is a 0% chance I would've been able to do that.

Here's the "Call Me Maybe" one from before too in case you're interested.